Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a little hourglass

Oh dear me ... the sun set tonight at 9:02 ... and I missed noting ~ and cheering about ~ the official beginning of summer yesterday ... when perhaps the sun set at 9:05??? I love these spring/summer evenings when there is so much daylight that it makes your day feel a little longer. Now, it's all downhill back to the winter solstice ;)

I was just pondering ... time. How time keeps flying by, slipping away, and seeming to gain momentum {if that were possible}.

Sunday is like the downbeat for me. The marker, so-to-speak, in each week. Sunday ... then the rest of the week ... and Sunday again. However it feels more like ... Sunday, three days, Sunday, three days, Sunday. I guess I'm in 4/4 time :) Anyone else have this rhythm???

A second is virtually nothing. And a minute? Tiny as well. An hour? Not terribly long.
A day ... often over before you know it. A month ... only about thirty fleeting days. I feel like I should still be twenty-something ... but I'm not ...

Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom."

1 comment:

LBB said...

So, so true! Nice post! :)