Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Sunday, November 15, 2009

a little hallujah

This afternoon, Foofie and Little Dude and I were heading to Grandma & Grandpa's house for lunch (or dinner ... since it is Sunday). It is a route we travel often because it is also the way to church and many shopping destinations. Foofie was practicing her rights and lefts. "Dairy Queen is on the right!" She called up to me. "And that church is on the left!" She continued. When she pointed out this particular church ... it reminded me of something that I hadn't remembered in a quite a while ... a time when Foofie would exclaim and point at this certain church building each and every time we passed by.

When Foofie was about 15 months until about age 2 1/2 ... every time she saw a cross ~ which was usually spotted on a church ~ she would shout out, "Hallujah!" (Hall-oo-yah) She always called out several hallujahs for each cross she spotted! I also remember when we drove to the Outer Banks, we passed a huge hill that had three large crosses erected on it and Foofie got really excited about that. "Hallujah! Hallujah! Hallujah!" We don't know how she came to link crosses with shouting hallujah ... but it was soooo darling. Now though, it's just a fun memory. I didn't want to forget it forever ... so I thought I'd share it here :)

Foofie is growing older ... as we all are ... and she's finished with the hallujahs ... but she still says "lello" for yellow. I can't bring myself to correct her because she says lello so cutely! I might be a bit sad when she starts saying yellow ...

2 comments:

MUM said...

Thanks for telling the "Hallujah" story,...I had forgotten that Foofie used to do that. She would say "Hallujah" when she saw the gold cross that I always wear around my neck. Children do say things in the most charming ways. (But not all the time ;)

Suzanne said...

I know what you mean! Lily says "necorize" instead of "recognize" and I'm never going to correct her.