Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

a little racing

Some friends of ours invited us to go to a race last night :) The mothers ~ my friend and I ~ did a six mile relay together. It was really fun -- but rather hard :) It was hilly and bumpy ... and on grass. There were six one-mile legs of the relay ... so each runner does three miles. I'll probably be sore tomorrow ...
There were quarter-mile and half-mile races for those fourteen and under ...
Foofie did her quarter-mile in 2:06 ... wow! I was surprised :)
Her competitive little self said to me afterwards, "I need to practice on my speed."
I didn't catch his time ... but he wowed me too :)
And this gal got third in the half-mile ... 3:40! More wow! I had no idea she could be so fast :) Our friends' son came in second!
Smiles and ribbons all around :)
And Little Spectator with some watermelon blush :) "I have a hoo-mongous one!" he said excitedly.

3 comments:

MUM said...

What a great family event! All the more fun when you run with friends!The little "watermelon boy" is so cute!

LBB said...

what fun! great photos! :)

Anonymous said...

I loved the racing!! Super Fun!
-Halo or Jean