Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

a little like africa

I absolutely loved being here! This was probably my favorite thing at Disney! We spent our first three nights in Disney World at their Kidani Village ... one of their two Animal Kingdom resorts. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the enormous lobby here ... but it was so cool ... can't think of a better word than cool. Definitely cool. Having spent five months in Kenya ... it kind-of brought me back to being at a safari lodge. I remarked that it was just like being in Kenya ... only cleaner :) This was our bedroom ...
More of our bedroom ...
An ostrich egg in the lamp ...
Part of the kitchen ...
One of the bathrooms -- these two-bedroom suites have three bathrooms!
Part of the living room ...
The kids' bedroom ...
This is outside of the restaurant in Kidani Village ...
Have I told you that I ♥ bamboo???
The whole gang had lunch here ... and a friend of Grandpa & Grandma joined us ... this horticulturalist lady oversees all of the growing things in Animal Kingdom and elsewhere (the resorts perhaps?) ...
The restaurant was African-Indian ... this was my lunch ... and I had already downed an insanely wonderful mango smoothie :)
Little SweetTooth with his dessert :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Cool room! I like the African theme. :D

LBB said...

Oh my, that all looks wonderful! You're making me want to travel now! And go make a smoothie too! Glad you had such a nice time there. :)