Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

a little app

Perhaps the most exciting thing this week -- for Halo and I at least -- was my discovery of the kindle app. Is that even how you spell app??? I don't know. I'm usually late to the party in terms of technology ...

Anyway, Halo is possibly saving up for a kindle ... rather unofficially though ... so we'll see. Nonetheless ... she knows she'd really like one if she could afford it ... and she truly has an unbelievable appetite for reading. In the meantime however ... we now have the kindle app. It's not quite as convenient or portable or nifty as a real live kindle ... but it was FREE :) Maybe you want to get one too ...

All I had to do was download the app from amazon -- and I was set to start selecting titles for our virtual library! Oooh exciting! And then I picked out a dozen or so books for Halo ... and they were all free as well! Can it get any better than that???

If you want any suggestions ...
here are some of our kindle picks so far ...

Teddy's Button
Probable Sons
The Lamplighter
Christy's Old Organ
Tales of Daring and Danger
Me and Nobbles
The Treasure of the Incas
Little Meg's Children
A Peep Behind the Scenes
Cobwebs and Cables

I'm eager to read some of these myself :)

3 comments:

shana said...

My sister-in-law (Kirby's brother's wife) does a little feature on her blog about good free Kindle books if you ever need some suggestions. (http://homeschoolmom-knitwit.blogspot.com/) You two remind me a lot of each other, you would get along well! I think you would enjoy her recommendations. Have a wonderful week. I was just with my parents for the weekend (just the 3 of us) and we were talking about your grandma on the way home yesterday. Hope all is well!
Blessings,
Shana

LBB said...

Speaking of technology...I was just saying to Hub today that as far as keeping up with technology goes, I think I stopped in 2005 or somewhere around there...with my Ipod mini. We were discussing Ipads and how it said on the cover of the MS Living mag that if you have a suscription you can get the mag for free on your Ipad...I asked him why would you want that if you already get the mag? Why both? Hub said that way you could bring it with if you travel. And I said, why wouldn't you just bring the magazine with? I totally don't get this stuff anymore. So I'm really confused about where your Kindle app is?
Happy reading though! :)

Dana said...

Haha Sis ... why wouldn't you just bring the magazine with??? I'm chuckling :) The app is on my computer.

Thanks, Shana :) I'll check it out.