Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Monday, February 23, 2009

a little day in February

You know ... it's getting harder to title each of my blogs with "a little ..." Perhaps I need to stop restricting my titles ...

Anyway, this little sweetie woke me up this morning by saying, "Mommy, my love ... Mommy, my love." It was so cute :)


Here is a peek at what I've been eating for lunch lately ~ pregnancy, ya know ...

I helped Halo assemble this votive holder with her sweet drawings ... and then she gave it to me as an early baby gift :)


A couple nights ago, we were talking about how every Christian is called to be a missionary right where they are ... Buddy agreed and said he's a "missionary policeman" :) Later, I told him one of the exciting things ~ in my opinion ~ that happened when he was six is that he learned to like salads. (I like salads ... and I like when my kids will cheerfully eat whatever I fix.) Then, I asked him what was exciting for him when he was six ... and he said, "eating salads and getting lots of legos". (I doubt he would have mentioned the salads without my bringing it up though.)

Anyway, this little dude turned seven today and we were having entree salads and ciabatta rolls for supper ... spinach, cheddar, bacon, ham, hard-boiled eggs, sun-dried tomatoes, and croutons. Buddy's first comment while waiting for everyone to get seated was ... "It looks so delicious that I can't resist looking at it!" (I told him he didn't have to ...) We had cake and ice cream too, of course. I couldn't locate any birthday candles ... thus the little, stubby thing in front of the cake. It did the job though. Then I gave him a birthday haircut :) (It was at the end of the evening though, after this photo.)

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday "Buddy"! Dana, I love your posts...they make me smile and they inspire me. You are a great mom!

Dana said...

I think you're a great mom too, Suzanne! Thanks for the encouraging words :)

LBB said...

What sweet little ones you have...from the way Foofie woke you up, to the adorable votive Halo made for you (I LOVE the mushroom!), and the fun-loving, sweet-spirited, Buddy! Happy Birthday to our favorite little policeman. :)

MUM said...

No doubt! Foofie is a sweet little girl! Halo's votive is so adorable and I love that she wanted you to have it as a gift because you are having the baby. She is a very thoughtful child. Buddy is going to be the BEST missionary policeman ever! Sounds like he had a very nice birthday!