Welcome to LOTS OF LITTLES ... a little blog about this and that.

Friday, November 14, 2008

a little chicken

Last weekend, my mother-in-law kindly made a batch of her BBQ Chicken for us. It's one of my favorite things that she makes (perhaps my most favorite thing) ~ and it was exactly what my pregnant self was craving! It's a bit spicy ... and reminds me of Asian food (but it's probably missing some key ingredients that would make it such) ... nonetheless, it's delicious and the recipe is definitely worth sharing.

BBQ CHICKEN

8 - 10 chicken breasts or tenderloins (more if using tenderloins?)
flour
2 T. oil

dredge chicken pieces in flour and brown in oil. place browned chicken in shallow baking dish. mix the following and pour over chicken. bake at 350 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

1 c. ketchup
1/4 c. 57 sauce
1/4 c. Worcestshire sauce
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. water
1 - 2 T. cider vinegar
3 garlic cloves ~ minced
1 medium onion ~ minced
1 tsp. salt

1 comment:

MUM said...

I'm interested in seeing the recipe, although you know us "Swedes",...spicy isn't exactly in our food repetoire! What a nice mother-in-law!